Tips for Eating Green

Eat more chocolate, eat American cheese, use your dishwasher! These were not the kinds of tips I thought I would see when I read Bon Apetit's 50 Ways to Eat Green. I am all for tips that tell me to eat more chocolate, but is there a logic behind them?

A few tips that I found interesting include: (#3) Fill up your freezer because a freezer full of food uses less energy than an empty one. (#14) Get the scoop. Buy items in the bulk bin section of the market. Not only are the foods minimally processed, but they are free of excessive packaging. (#40) Stop whistling. When making tea just bring the water to a boil, don't unnecessarily boil it so it is scalding hot. (#43) Mix your drinks. Consider working boxed wine into your regular rotation because it generates half as many carbon-dioxide emissions in transport, and has recently risen in quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment